Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What do I need to enroll my child in the Royal School District?

A:  To enroll students who are new to the Royal School District, including transfer students and students who are returning to the Royal School District from another district, you will need your child’s birth certificate and immunization record. If your child is a middle school or high school student, a transcript will be helpful to enroll in the appropriate classes.  If you do not have a transcript, the school can request it from your previous school.

Q: How do I access my student’s grades online?

A: You can access your student’s grades and other information via Skyward Access under quick links on each of the school’s website. Please contact your student’s school office to request your login ID and password.  A direct link to Family Skyward Access can be found at

Q: How are school delays and closures determined?

A: Delays and closures are decided after road and campus conditions are evaluated early in the morning or, in extreme cases, the night prior. We also take into account the current weather and immediate weather forecast for the local area. Student safety is our number one priority when making our decisions. If you would like to know more about what goes on behind the scenes when it comes to making the decision on inclement weather, please visit our Transportation Department web page. 

Q: Where can I find the school supply list for the Royal School District?

A: School supply lists can be found under the "Students & Families" tab on the home page of each school website.  Supply lists are also mailed home when the student’s schedules are mailed, usually two weeks before school starts.

Q: Where do I find sports schedules?

A: Arbiter Sports

Q: What time does school start?

Red Rock: Warning bell 8:25 am, school starts 8:30 am
Royal Intermediate School: Warning bell 8:15 am, school starts 8:20 am
Royal Middle School:  Warning bell 8:15 am, school starts 8:20 am
Royal High School:  Warning bell 8:19 am, school starts 8:24 am

Please refer to each school website to find a complete bell schedule.

Q: I need to change the bus pick-up or drop-off location, or the way my student normally goes home from school (e.g., picked up by a different person, walking home with someone else, riding the bus to a different location, etc.). Whom do I call? 

A:  For all transportation changes, always write a note or call your child’s school office.  A bus pass will be written for your student. Please call before 2:30 p.m., as the end of the day is a very busy time in our schools. 

Q: What if my student is absent from school?

A:  Please call your child’s school office to report an absence or leave a message at any time. Please state the reason for the absence. If you do not report your student’s absence to the school office, we will consider the absence unexcused. Always call the school office, even if you have spoken to your student’s teacher.

Q: My student has medication needs during the day. What do I need to do?

A:  All medications, prescriptions and over the counter, must be authorized by a physician using the official district "Permission to Administer Medication at school" form. For your convenience, we can FAX a copy of the form to your doctor after you have filled out the parent section.